Liverpool City Region’s Digital Inclusion Project
- Increased confidence & inclusion
- Renewed motivation to learn
- Improved digital skills leading to:
- Financial: savings through online shopping & cheaper communication
- Social: reduced isolation through social media; access to entertainment
- Health: access to online health services/advice
- Employment benefits:
- Ability to search & apply for employment online
- Improved employability & workplace ICT skills, increasing employment prospects
- Work experience & volunteering opportunities as a pathway to employment
- Gaining employment
Helping people to get online across the Liverpool City Region
The project will be delivered by a partnership of 23 not-for-profit and public sector partners (including EDT) spanning the six boroughs of Liverpool, Knowsley, Sefton, St Helens, Halton and Wirral, with specific target areas in each borough.
Led by Sefton CVS, in collaboration with VOLA Consortium members, local Housing Associations and Local Authorities, this innovative multi-agency partnership is founded on partners that really care about their local communities. It will ensure that those in need of support to help develop their IT skills, access to online services and digital technologies will receive the best possible service, whatever their starting point. In addition to IT skills development, assistance will include employability and personal skills development to support people into or closer to employment.
To find out more please visit www.includeitmersey.org.uk.
or contact Bernard Jordan at EDT
Tel: 0151 – 298 2478
Include-IT Mersey Project enquiry form